Posts tagged ‘Windows 7 on Acer Aspire 5583’
KIta semua tahu kalau Microsoft sangat memuja sekali apa yang di sebut dengan hak paten…
Please support my post by filling couple questions below. My intentions is to get as much as comment as possible and I want to know your gadget ….
Oh, My God!, I almost forget that 1st of March are the ‘warning’ month from Microsoft for the Windows RC In this month (hehehe … wouldn’t affect m, because I have remove RC on my laptop and replace it with my beloved PCLinuxOS 2009.1 which I have updated it), The windows 7 RC user are force to shutdown every couple hour counting on this march. Therefore I make this last summary on Windows 7 RC in my faithful lappy, Acer Aspire 5583. If you guys read my previous post, you probably taught that why am I have to make another review if I already did? (even though it’s in Bahasa Indonesia).
For simple explanation, it is because this windows 7 are “growing” through time (read: update) and I just want to share what windows 7 RC have develop these couple month. and here it is:
1. First let me tell you about my windows experience score in win7. in this couple update, sadly my score are not rising, still got 2.1, just like the first time i tested. it is very disappointed, I’m hoping at lease it will exceed Vista (I got 3.0 in vista windows experience test), how is possible? isn’t vista is much heavier than 7?. And I finally had ‘enlighten’ on why I got small score. the reason is because my VGA are still GMA 950 chipset. If I got latest intel VGA such X3100 or 4500HD I probably got more than 3 in the windows experience.
2. For drivers and hardwares, I don’t have problem with it. I know my lappie are not brand new (in fact it is the first gen of core 2 duo), but I guess what I feel when I use win 7, my lappie does not sign any trouble, yes, I could not find modem and launch manager for vista (because windows 7 can use vista’s driver) but thank God, actually they can be install in windows 7 with XP driver . For the rest, windows seven RC almost look like linux, all the driver such as VGA, sound, Wireless and others are installed out of the box.
3. Printer: yes I have a problem installing my old canon bubble jet BJ-2100 until I find out that windows 7 RC got compatibilities mode, so I try that and my printer works just fine.
4. The best thing about win 7 RC is i could connect to the internet with my beloved cell phone, W950i. in beta version, I could not connect with “outside world” because of apparently beta version are not support yet with all vista driver. RC are much more improved.
5. I don’t know about you, but Windows 7 are weird, here I can use aero effect flawlessly but I couldn’t use hibernate due to VGA issue? how’s that possible? Until my final review, I haven’t got the solution yet.
6. During the 6th month using this RC, My laptop got weird, the harddisk are making loud noise. I totally shock that. I though that my Harddisk are having a problem, but turn out that the windows 7 RC giving weird effect after I have just installing the update. So due to this problem, I Uninstall the RC and replace it with Karmic Koala Which I have just got from Canonical . Until know, I have no clue why this happen …
So, there it is, my last review on Windows 7 RC. Quite sad for not using it until march (you know how often microsoft giving free stuff? … hehehe ) But I concern about my lappie, so I have to remove it before my hard disk get trouble. I don’t have any plan to get windows 7 copy (either genuine or piracy ) , Because know I still exploring my ubuntu and other Linux Distro. Maybe I’ll enjoy Windows 7 when it already have SP3 and I enjoy it on my brand new Laptop. Pray for me will ya so that I could buy new laptop…