Sabily 9.10 Gaza (karmic Koala-base) release!
On Sunday, December 27 2009, Mehdi Magnon proudly announced the final release of the Sabily 9.10 Linux distribution. Dubbed Gaza, this new release is based on the amazing Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) operating system and it comes in two main editions: small and full. While the small edition contains basic applications and has 1 GB in size, the full version is 2.8 GB in size and features multimedia, educational, offline Quran recitations and lots of other interesting packages. Sabily 9.10 (Gaza) has new artwork, including the GRUB image and Xsplash, a new structure for the Islamic software and Monajat is now rewritten in the Python language. The following packages were added in Sabily 9.10:
· Noor, a new Quran Browser application;
· Thwab sample books;
· Rejaal: Men around the prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon him). A flash bibliography of 60 Sahabi (available only in the full version);
· Fsool: The Sira of the prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon him) (available only in the full version);
· Arabeyes Qamoos, an Arabic to English dictionary application (available only in the full version).
Complete with customized artwork and a big collection of Muslim-specific software, Sabily (formerly Ubuntu Muslim Edition) is a robust operating system for Muslims all over the world, be they Arabic speakers or not.
Features of Sabily 9.10 (Gaza):
· New Usplash, GDM & GNOME themes, and Islamic wallpapers;
· Zekr, a great Quran study tool that can also play Quran recitations;
· The Thwab encyclopedia software, now with sample books;
· 100% Arabic-translated desktop;
· A large suite of various applications and pre-installed codecs for both entertainment and educational purposes (only on the full version);
· The WebScript frontend to the popular DansGuardian Web Content Filter for easy parental control;
· Two convenient prayer-time applications: Minbar and "Pray Times" Firefox add-on.
Download Sabily 9.10 right now from Softpedia.